Hello and welcome to my homepage.
My name is Diego Fregolente Mendes de Oliveira and I am a Postdoctoral Fellow at Northwestern University working in collaboration with Prof. Luis Amaral and Prof. Brian Uzzi from the Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering in the McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Science and the Northwestern Institute on Complex Systems (NICO).
Here you will find some information about my work with complex networks and time-dependent systems.
Our paper on social bubbles featured in
- 01/04/15 – WBAA: Social Media Isolates News Consumers Into ‘Bubbles,’ Says IU Study.
- 12/15/15 – Indiana Public Media: IU Study Finds Social News Consumers’ Clicks Less Diverse.
- 12/14/15 – EurekAlert! [American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)]: Social media news consumers at higher risk of information bubbles.
- 12/14/15 – Hoosier Times: Where you get your news online might be trapping you in a collective social bubble.
- 12/08/15 – the Indina University Newsroom: Social media news consumers at higher risk of information bubbles.
- 12/08/15 – the Italian newspaper Il Manifesto: Twitter revolution? More like an echo chamber.
A little bit of Bloomington and Indiana University